Horse racing betting: types, analysis and game strategies
Horse racing has been betting for over 300 years. The history of betting starts with betting on horse racing. In Russia, only the initiated know about the peculiarities of this sport. Below, we’ll cover the basics of horse racing analysis, bet types, and three strategies.
Horse Racing Betting: Key Features
Remember the following nuances before betting on horse racing:
- Many factors affect the results of races: weather, coverage, experience and weight of the horse and jockey, the height of the barriers, and so on.
- Assess your horse’s current shape before betting. Most bookmakers offer detailed statistics on all participants in the upcoming races.
- The list of events for betting on horse races online in some offices is limited. At the racetrack, the betting line is usually wider.
- The bookmaker often accepts bets on high limit horse races, as it is a popular market among Western players.
Types of bets on horse racing
Basic horse racing betting options:
- A bet on the winner of the race or the reverse of it – on the fact that the horse will definitely not come to the finish line first.
- Bet on getting the horse into the top three. You can also place bets on a spot in the top 4, top 6 and so on.
- “Forecast” – a bet on two horses that should come to the finish line first and second. Such a bet can be a random sequence or an accurate prediction for the first and second runners-up in the race.
- “Duel” or “who is higher” – the choice of which of the two horses will finish earlier.
- “Finish” – a bet that the horse will cover the entire distance without retirement.
Selecting events for horse racing betting
Also consider the following factors:
- Pay attention to what distances the horse usually runs.
- Look at the date of the last race. Sprinters need a break between starts. Therefore, it is desirable that such a horse had the previous race a month ago or earlier. On the other hand, long distance runners don’t need a lot of rest between competitions.
- Watch the jockey’s weight. For a horse to be successful in a race, it should be kept to a minimum.
- Examine the track coverage. Some horses achieve different results depending on the type of surface.
- Don’t bet on every race in a row. This leads to a decrease in the quality of analysis and a quick loss of the game bank.
Horse racing betting strategies
There are no win-win betting strategies in horse racing like there are in other sports. But some systems are popular with players. Let’s consider three of them.
Betting against the favorite
This is a betting strategy against all horses whose success is estimated at odds below 2.00. The more participants there will be in the race, the better. Also, poor-quality track coverage can play into the hands, which increases the likelihood of favorites falling.